martes, 24 de marzo de 2020

Our experiments: Mixtures

Irene's experiment
SEPARATION OF MIXTURES
Filtration

I have chosen these two ingredients: lentils and flour.
If I had wanted to separate the mixture with my fingers, it would have taken a long time.
I separated the mixture with a sieve. The flour went through and the lentils remained inside the skimmer, because the lentils were bigger than the sieve holes.
The flour was in a bowl, separated from the lentils, which were in another bowl.
And this is my experiment.



Jorge's experiment:

SEPARATION OF MIXTURES
SEPARATING LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS BY FILTRATION
MATERIALS:
1-GLASS
2-MUDDY WATER
3-JAR
4-PAPER FILTER
5-SPOON

First I picked up a spoon to collect mud. Then I put the mud into a glass with water.
Then I picked a jar and I put  a paper filter inside of it.
I put the muddy water into the paper filter.
And I waited for 15 minutes to check the result.
The mud at the end was inside the filter paper and the liquid fell in the jar.



Maria's experiment:

Materials: water, salt, pepper, a funnel, a filter, a saucepan, a dish and a glass.

First,  we mixed  the salt and the pepper in a dish.

Then, we put the mixture in the glass with water and stired .

Later, with a filter and  a strainer we put the mixture and only the pepper remained  in the filter and we had the ingredients separated.
Finally, we put the salt and water in the saucepan and waited for the water evaporation and only the salt remained.



 Good job!

1 comentario: